Only at Battle Flashlights can you order one item, and get sold and charged for two!
501 W Broadway, Ste A304
San Diego, CA 92101, United States
June 24, 2017: There may be nothing illegal or wrong with the following business practices. But they suggest that the seller is not to be trusted. I’m using my Scam-O-Meter scoring system; -1 means true, +1 means false, and 0 means undetermined. I penalize the seller for statements made by shills.
Ridiculous claims: -1. Kudos to whoever wrote this copy for making an 800 to 1,000-lumen flashlight sound like a nuclear weapon.
- Some users are afraid it will be regulated and sales of this item will be outlawed for civilian use.
- “Paralysis strobe” technology.
Suspicious location: -1. 501 W Broadway, Ste A304, San Diego, CA 92101 is a mailbox.
Onerous terms: -1
- They’ll charge a 30% restocking fee on returns for refund or replacement.
- They don’t guarantee that the flashlight is fit for any use; nor that anything they say is true.
- You can’t sue them, join a class action that’s suing them, or join a group arbitration. If you somehow end up in court with them anyway, it has to be a court in San Diego, CA.
Ads, spam, robocalls: -1.
- They’ll beam ads at you, spam, junk-mail, telephone and text you. You can only partially opt out.
- they’ll share your data with other companies that will do the same.
- If they sell their company, your data is part of the deal.
Lying and deception: -1.
- 200 times more powerful than a camera flash? Battle Flashlight; 800-1,000 lumens. Camera flash onto 1 square meter; 1.4 million lumens.
- What’s included with your purchase?
- 1x BATTLE FLASHLIGHTS flashlight – 800-1000 Lumens – 2000X Zoom
- 1x Rechargeable Lithium Battery*
- 1x Lightning Fast Wall-Charger*
- 1x Lightning Fast Car-Charger*
- 1x Luxurious Protective Case
- 100% Rush Shipping NationWide!
A few paragraphs away, I found: * These items are optional and have an additional cost.
- Count-down timer on the second page implies that you don’t have enough time to make a careful decision.
- They slip a second product into your package on page 3, doubling the money they’ll charge. The total charge is in a light type-face, easy to overlook.
Phony reviews: -1
- The first page of the web site poses as a review.
- It includes several testimonials by people with no last names.
Crummy product: 0. There’s no way to know. Remember that you buy and pay for two products here. One richly described flashlight, plus a “free” tactical kit, concealed until the third page, for which they charge an additional $20.
Overpriced: -1. Rhetorically they ask, “How are we able to offer this extraordinary flashlight for such a low price?” By forcing you to also buy a second product.
75% discount: +1. False; I think? See “Bloopers” below.
Total score; -7
Unauthorized charges: I found no reports of this. Battle Flashlights does not accept PayPal.
Conclusion: Forget these guys; buy a flashlight at Home Depot.
Bloopers: True! We’ve hit the jackpot this time.
- It is already selling out all over The USA and Europe and has now landed in!
- … this “military grade” flashlight has become very popular among both men and women from .
- 1x Luxurious Protective Case. Surely the copywriter is winking at us here.
- Remember:(Our shipping network reaches every corner of with no exceptions!).
- They can’t decide what their regular price is; and their arithmetic is hilarious.