thank you for haveing this siet for me to use becuz b4 i was only borowing my freinds movies and games and now i can haev my own withot trying to get them to give me thiers .
Brilliant Download is so pleased with this customer (if he exists) that they display the above testimonial on their own web site.
November 25, 2017: I wrote about this outfit a year ago; it looks like nothing has changed. There may be nothing illegal or wrong with the following business practices. But they suggest that the seller is not to be trusted. I’m using my Scam-O-Meter scoring system; -1 means true (bad), +1 means false (good), and 0 means undetermined. I penalize the seller for statements made by shills. Contact information:
Web site: BrilliantDownload.com
Ridiculous claims: +1. None found.
Suspicious location: -1. Brilliant Download hides their location, earning my Carmen Sandiego “Where In The World?” award. A clue; their Customer Care office hours are given in London time.
Onerous terms: -1
- Free trials are typically offered to potential subscribers of a service. But not by this outfit; you have to pay $2 just to try it. And then you only get to try it for three days.
- At the end of your three-day trial they’ll charge you $100 for a one-year subscription. Then you can ask for a refund for 27 more days. After that, your one-year subscription is cast in concrete and you are not going to get out of it.
Ads, spam, robocalls: +1. Brilliant Download keeps only your email address, and they don’t share it.
- “Fast Speed: Basically it depends only on the speed of your connection because downloads go directly from the highspeed servers to you.” Whose high-speed servers are they talking about here? Further down I read “We don’t host or link any file …“
- “Sign up and get instant access to tons of links to movies, tv shows, music and other legal files.” Do you get movies, TV shows, etc.? No, just links. Are the links only to legal files? Hmmm … Do you get the links from Brilliant Download? Um, no.
Obfuscation: -1. To find out the price, you have to give them personal information.
Phony reviews: 0. I can’t check the on-site testimonials. All the external reviews I found looked legit, and were very negative.
Crummy product: -1. As far as I can determine, you can’t find anything thru Brilliant Downloads that isn’t available with Google. And you’ll pay the same for the content either way.
Overpriced: -1. Brilliant Downloads is asking $40 a month or $100 a year for their “consulting service.” You can find the same links on Google for nothing.
Bad service: -1. I see many complaints about failure to reply to emails and give refunds. From PissedConsumer.com; “I sent a mail to cancel membership 3 days later that was when the site charged me $40. I sent several mails for refund and cancellation of membership but no respond. I contacted my bank and I was asked to get a new card in order to avoid future debits from the site.”
Total score; -5
Unauthorized charges: CREDIT CARD RISK ALERT. Brilliant Download forces people into subscriptions by ignoring emails that ask for cancellations and refunds. It looks like the three-day trial charge is a ruse to get your credit card data. They also charge people who have had no contact with them, apparently using hacked credit card data.
- From SiteJabber.com; “found a PDF I wanted, paid for trial membership, then the book was no longer listed. Surprise surprise I then got a call from my bank about suspicious activity on my account – they tried to take $80, the thieving ***************s. Luckily my bank stopped the payment, but my card in now cancelled, so all in all a complete scam – avoid it like the plague!“
- From ComplaintsBoard.com; “I haven’t used the website of Brilliant Download and recently I checked my account statement and found out that these guys charged me couple of times. I emailed them and got response that I wouldn’t see my money and they didn’t tell me, where they have found my person and card details. Guys, spread this information and be very careful with them. It’s really impossible to return money.“
- A bad sign; Brilliant Download doesn’t accept PayPal.
Conclusion: Just search with Google. It costs nothing. Here is a brief tutorial video on how to use Google Search.
Blooper: Sentence diagramming challenge: “ … you CAN NOT in ‘good faith’ believe that any copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed is not authorized to be displayed on our site.”