I’m angry, disappointed, sad, angry, upset, furious, feel that I’ve been taken advantage of, angry, and, oh, did I mention angry?!?!?!?!
600 Congress Ave, FL 14
Austin, TX 78701, United States
Phone: 877-25-SLEEP (877-257-5337)
June 15, 2018: There may be nothing illegal or wrong with the following business practices. But they suggest that the seller is not to be trusted. I’m using my Scam-O-Meter scoring system; -1 means true (bad), +1 means false (good), and 0 means undetermined. I penalize the seller for statements made by shills.
Ridiculous claims: -1.
- “I will be taking these with me whenever I travel from now on!” extolls a (fake) reviewer. Let’s hope she doesn’t travel by air.
- SleepGram claims that the regular price for these pillows is $200 each, and that they’re offering an 80% discount.
Suspicious location: 0. The building at the above address looks very nice. But floor 14 is a co-working space with offices for rent from offices.com . That’s a cut above the usual UPS store mailbox, but for credibility purposes not as good as actual real estate. I see some other businesses using this address, but nobody sleazy.
Onerous terms: 0. The Terms and Conditions are modest compared to some I’ve seen. However;
- For a refund, you must return the pillow in “donatable condition” within 30 days of delivery.
- You pay the return shipping; and they deduct their original shipping cost from your refund. A Tennessee customer writes, “I ask for them to pay shipping since it was their mistake. Nope. Cost me $51.63 to ship.“
- They don’t guarantee that the quality will meet your expectations; nor that anything they say is true.
Ads, spam, robocalls: 0. They’ll spam you; you can opt out.
Lying and deception: -1.
- “In my opinion, this pillows can make a significant difference in peoples’ quality of sleep.” So advises Dr. Clip Art in charmingly unique English. I gather from Google Image Search that he works mainly in Europe. He looks just like the doctor on the UK website Quora.com.
- Reviewer Kimberly Johnson looks just like the Carousel team’s Josh Clark and Avada‘s developer, Julia Anderson.
- “The Sleepgram pillows was designed from scratch to do something no other pillows can: fit any sleeper.” Their universal sleeper comfort technology consists of a pillowcase holding a thin pillow and a thick pillow. The idea is, you can either use both pillows or remove whichever pillow you don’t like. Or, you could forget these guys and just use two ordinary pillows!
- “Risk-free trial. 100 nights to try it or return it for a full refund. Talk about peace of mind!” But the Terms And Conditions specify a return period of 30 days from delivery.
Obfuscation: -1. You have to drill down three pages to find out the price ($80).
Phony reviews: +1. None found.
Crummy product: +1. Rated 4.0 stars by 46 Amazon customers. “I have both Fibromylgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis so I spend a lot of time in bed, I have tried a number of pillows with all sort of fillings, from Goose Down at $ 250 to Synthetic, this is from far the best pillow I have enjoyed.” “It’s the most ridiculous pillow one could think up. It is heavy yet has no substance when I put my head on it. I will try to return it. It came compressed and may be hard to return in the original packaging.”
Bad service: -1. I’ve found several complaints about this. Ripoff Report: “I called to ask why the money had not been credited to my account , I was told they were very busy in the warehouse and refund would take 2 weeks. Two weeks? They charged my card in 10 seconds.” Better Business Bureau; “They refused to refer me to a supervisor multiple times and would do nothing to hear or rectify my concerns. This company does not follow or represent the standard and promise they push on social media advertising platforms or their website. They were negligent and immovable as far as offering me any solutions either.”
Total score; -2
Unauthorized charges: SleepGram doesn’t accept PayPal.
Conclusion: Instead, buy two ordinary pillows; one thick, one thin.
Bloopers: “… we made sure our pillows was simple and beautiful,” in charmingly unique English. Close to this statement; “Attention to details.”