December 9, 2017 update; This web site now gives a 502 “page is offline” error. If you placed an order with them and haven’t received it, contact your bank and ask them to reverse the charge.
I found a different web site using the same brand name, “Battle Flashlights.” The new web site has no contact information. When I clicked “Order” it sent me to 1Tac Flashlights. It looks like Battle has quit selling flashlights and is now in the “Publisher” business.
Only at Battle Flashlights can you order one item, and get sold and charged for two!
501 W Broadway, Ste A304
San Diego, CA 92101, United States
June 24, 2017: There may be nothing illegal or wrong with the following business practices. But they suggest that the seller is not to be trusted. I’m using my Scam-O-Meter scoring system; -1 means true, +1 means false, and 0 means undetermined. I penalize the seller for statements made by shills.
Ridiculous claims: -1. Kudos to whoever wrote this copy for making an 800 to 1,000-lumen flashlight sound like a nuclear weapon.
- Some users are afraid it will be regulated and sales of this item will be outlawed for civilian use.
- “Paralysis strobe” technology.
Suspicious location: -1. 501 W Broadway, Ste A304, San Diego, CA 92101 is a mailbox.
Onerous terms: -1
- They’ll charge a 30% restocking fee on returns for refund or replacement.
- They don’t guarantee that the flashlight is fit for any use; nor that anything they say is true.
- You can’t sue them, join a class action that’s suing them, or join a group arbitration. If you somehow end up in court with them anyway, it has to be a court in San Diego, CA.
Ads, spam, robocalls: -1.
- They’ll beam ads at you, spam, junk-mail, telephone and text you. You can only partially opt out.
- they’ll share your data with other companies that will do the same.
- If they sell their company, your data is part of the deal.
Lying and deception: -1.
- 200 times more powerful than a camera flash? Battle Flashlight; 800-1,000 lumens. Camera flash onto 1 square meter; 1.4 million lumens.
- What’s included with your purchase?
- 1x BATTLE FLASHLIGHTS flashlight – 800-1000 Lumens – 2000X Zoom
- 1x Rechargeable Lithium Battery*
- 1x Lightning Fast Wall-Charger*
- 1x Lightning Fast Car-Charger*
- 1x Luxurious Protective Case
- 100% Rush Shipping NationWide!
A few paragraphs away, I found: * These items are optional and have an additional cost.
- Count-down timer on the second page implies that you don’t have enough time to make a careful decision.
- They slip a second product into your package on page 3, doubling the money they’ll charge. The total charge is in a light type-face, easy to overlook.
Phony reviews: -1
- The first page of the web site poses as a review.
- It includes several testimonials by people with no last names.
Crummy product: 0. There’s no way to know. Remember that you buy and pay for two products here. One richly described flashlight, plus a “free” tactical kit, concealed until the third page, for which they charge an additional $20.
Overpriced: -1. Rhetorically they ask, “How are we able to offer this extraordinary flashlight for such a low price?” By forcing you to also buy a second product.
75% discount: +1. False; I think? See “Bloopers” below.
Total score; -7
Unauthorized charges: I found no reports of this. Battle Flashlights does not accept PayPal.
Conclusion: Forget these guys; buy a flashlight at Home Depot.
Bloopers: True! We’ve hit the jackpot this time.
- It is already selling out all over The USA and Europe and has now landed in!
- … this “military grade” flashlight has become very popular among both men and women from .
- 1x Luxurious Protective Case. Surely the copywriter is winking at us here.
- Remember:(Our shipping network reaches every corner of with no exceptions!).
- They can’t decide what their regular price is; and their arithmetic is hilarious.